Monday, April 16, 2007

Summer comes...




It's been a while since I wrote anything on here but reading Dee's blog today about how uplifting it can be I thought I'd sneak in and actually write something.

It's been so warm over the weekend I could barely lift needles and my heart sinks that I will have to soon relegate all my lovely knits to the back of the wardrobe until Autumn comes around and I get to snuggle up in them again.

Knitting some more socks (am I obsessed? I think so) to wear under the wellies at Glastonbury. They are a pattern from a fairly recent Rowan magazine - the number escapes me. Knitting them again in Dee's wonderful Lucia yarn from Posh Yarns. It knits up so nicely and I love seeing the colour combination unfold in front of my eyes. A joy to knit with.

I also have Charleston - a camisole in Dee's 2ply cashmere with beautiful glass beads on the needles but it will be too warm to wear this soon. Maybe I will finish it before September when it will be surely cool enough to wear again.




No comments: