Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pomatomus


Using the yarn I frogged from Clessidra I started and finished the first sock of Gentlemen's socks for evening wear from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. The sock looks huge but fits like a dream and is nearly knee high!


For a bit of light relief and because I have new DPNs I also cast on for Pomatomus in PY Lucia "Beachcomber". The "scales" look like sea waves in this soft blue colour. (Apologies for the poor quality of this picture)


I've also booked tickets for the Knitting and Stitching show at Ally Pally in a couple of weeks time. Due to work commitments I can only make the Saturday but I am really looking forward to it. Bringing along a non-knitting friend who is big into her textiles - she's an art teacher that makes brilliant ceramics using Aran/cable jumpers to create the patterns on her pieces. I am going to be knitting some samples of different patterns for her to use - a great combination of needlework and pottery!

No comments: