Sunday, December 02, 2007

For the last week I've been in and out of work, in and out of a cold I cannot shake. I hate feeling this run down and sick - I'm not normally a sickly person. I could count the days I had sick from work in 2006 on one hand but this year it all seems to be catching up with me. I've had 4 colds and a nasty bout of flu, taken the first course of antibiotics I can remember in a very long time and had 3 days off with stress induced exhaustion!

I put it all down to the amount of travelling I do to get to work. My job is near Heathrow and I live in North East London. To anyone that isn't aware of London geography, that is a REALLY LONG WAY. It takes me 2 tubes, a train and a bus to get to work (approximately 1hr 45 each way each day). K and I worked it out on Friday night: in the 4.5 years I've worked this job I've spent something like 6 complete months travelling. There's the potential to pick up alot of bugs there..... It's definitely time for a change. I have something in the works that hopefully I'll be able to share with you later this week.



I have been putting this sick time to good use of course and have nearly finished Sadie!! Gasps all round I am sure. I have half of one arm to finish and then just the seaming up of the arms and attaching the arms to the body. I can't believe I waited this long to finish this, It's been on the needles for nearly a year - just goes to show what a procrastinator I am!
I also finished a Le Slouch for my mum as she was admiring mine during her visit last weekend. It's a wonderful colour - it really "pops" and I'm sure she'll love it.

1 comment:

Tina - omme i London said...

Le Slouch is gorgeous. I love the colour. Also, I look forward to seeing the finished Sadie!